Thursday, July 1, 2010

An injection of some acoustic soulful tunes

So, if you're like me every once in awhile you just need some NEW music...some really good new music. Many of my music loving friends have exposed me to some new artists this week. It's been kind of an acoustic injection of inspiration.

I get stale listening to the same old stuff. Actually, I don't listen for pleasure often. I LOVE that I get to do music for a living, but sometimes I forget to do it for me. I don't sing in the shower. I don't run with my ipod. Weird. It is. Why not?

So here's some of my recent discoveries. I like more laid back acoustic stuff with moving instrumentation and great lyrics that actually mean something and have a melody-no offense iTunes top 10. ENJOY! (and check out their other stuff, this is just one song by each artist I happen to like).

There is Love-Chasen
And Then You-Greg Laswell
Not Myself-John Mayer
The Only Exception-Paramore
Open Your Eyes-Snow Patrol
Awake My Soul-Mumford & Sons
Dream-Priscilla Ahn
Do You see Me-Ron Pope
Walking on Stones-The New Frontiers
Christ is Risen-Matt Maher

No comments: